This year, SOCC offers SOC Outreach Grants to full-time graduate students for participating in the conference and Automotive SoC Forum events with the sponsorship from IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) Society Outreach Initiative. The grant covers the student registration fees for the SOCC2017 Tutorial and the SOCC2017 Technical Conference and partially the travel expenses. The accepted students will receive free registration to both SOCC2017 Tutorial and Technical Conference (Sep. 5-8). Travel cost will be reimbursed at the conference for those who attend the tutorial and conference.
The SoC Outreach University/Industry Automotive SoC Forum is specially designed to encourage graduate students to join SoC research field and gain insight of research challenges and opportunities with emphasis on Automotive Industry. All applicants should meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing a Master’s /Ph.D degree in the field relevant to VLSI/SoC community.
- Applicants must be non-author student attendees of the conference.
- Applicants are student members of IEEE CAS Society. If you are not a CAS member yet, you are highly encouraged to join IEEE CAS Society now (student membership fee is only $11 per year).
All applicants should provide the following information in one single PDF file.
- Applicant’s resume
- EDAS account number
- Estimated travel cost, if applicable.
- Recipients must have a valid EDAS account and will be registered by the chairs.
- Grant awardees are expected to attend all forum events and selected conference sessions each day.
- All recipients must participate in surveys to provide their evaluation, feedback and concerns.
- The awardees are encouraged to timely share their conference experience by using social media (twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- If applicable, reimbursement will be processed on the last date of the conference with proof of travel expenses incurred by the recipients.
- Submission deadline: Aug. 31, 2017
- Award notification: Sep. 1, 2017